Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Riding Habit: The Fabric

Well, my evil schemes to recreate the habit in my previous post have been foiled, which I’m fine with. Aaron took me to the Pendleton Wool Outlet this weekend in search of wool for my habit. After vowing that I would do my utmost to not come home with light blue wool, I came home with light blue wool. To my surprise, it was the only color of wool they had, besides plaid. So, I snatched it  and have since redefined my color scheme for my habit. I still plan to use the fashion plate as a guide, but the colors are going to be light blue for the main habit, olive green for the waistcoat, silver trim, and black taffeta for the topper.  Here are the pics of the fabric and trims.

027

God Bless!

Love Lauren

4 Witty Sentiments:

Adelheide said...

Those feathers are amazing!

And I think that we have the exact same placemats that you have in this picture. I just laid them out for our dinner minutes ago :)

~Heidi

Theodosia Pixietwist said...

hah! I knew you'd get the light blue :) you'll look fantastic.

Hana - Marmota said...

Ah, yes. Like when I was making my graduation ball dress, and decided to go out of my colour comfort zone and make it red, and then brought beige fabric from the shop. It works that way, who knows why.
But I'm sure yours will be much better than my dress. I was inexperienced. You're experienced and that fabric is pretty, pretty. I love blue as well, very much, not just beige. :-)

The Dreamstress said...

Pretty pretty pretty! I love the feathers with the blue, and the slightly unexpected dull green rather than mint green.