Sunday, August 22, 2010

More Riding Habit Progress…

Hello friends and readers, I hope you all had a lovely weekend. I can’t believe the work week is starting yet again, and I could really use your prayers in that department.

Anywhoo, I finished the jacket to Mrs. Cartwright’s habit this evening. I’m very happy with the result. As usual, I will warn you that the dress form does not do the shape any justice. Enjoy and God Bless!

habit 001 Mrs. Cartwright at her fitting last night.

habit 008

The finished jacket on the form.

habit 014

I’ve been really loving the project. It has been so much fun to put together and learn new techniques. Hopefully I will be able to start on the skirt tomorrow evening.

Have a great week everyone!

6 Witty Sentiments:

Lithia Black said...

Oh, it's so stylish! I so want a riding habit now! (And my to do list just keeps on growing :P)
Is it a two piece jacket + vest or is the vest part a stomacher?

/L

Abby said...

It looks fabulous!!!!

FashionK said...

helloo.....I am sooo jealous!!! love it!!!!

lissawi said...

I LOVE the peplum! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Lindsey said...

The jacket is lovely! You always do such amazing work. I can't wait to see your riding habit!

Hana - Marmota said...

It's so, so pretty! Congratulations!