Today was a very productive and relaxing day. I got all of the drafting done, the fabric cut out, and I started sewing the bodice together. I also, surprise, surprise, completely changed the design. I have a disk, given to me by a dear friend, that contains a number of fashion plates. One of them is a lovely riding habit from around 1795. Unfortunately, I cannot post pictures of it for you do to the copyright, but it is truly lovely and unlike anything I have ever seen before. So, hopefully I can do it justice. Anyway, here are the pictures of the draping and the beginning of the sewing. Enjoy!
Ironing out my mockup.
Beginning to drape the bodice.
I decided to only do a short skirt on the mock-up, to save on fabric. I usually do not try skirts on my mock-ups, but the opening on this dress is a little tricky, so there was lots of futzing to do.
The waist band looks a little goofy because I pieced left over pieces of fabric together to get the right size and to not waist any. Also, I didn’t bother to properly pleat the skirt on the mock-up. It’s just pinned onto my form.
Sewing the bodice pieces together.
My Avian Helper, riding on my slipper as I drape.
Well, I can’t believe tomorrow is already Monday. I always wish I had another day. Anyway, have a wonderful week!