Saturday, February 26, 2011

Mme de Bordeaux’s New Frock

It’s finished, well almost. I still need to hem the ensemble, which will happen on Monday when Mme de Bordeaux comes for her final fitting. Here are the pictures, enjoy!

IMG_0003

Her round gown.

IMG_0004

IMG_0005

IMG_0008

The open robe. It’s completely adjustable with the drawstrings. It can be adjusted to show more of the bodice of the gown or less. It’s showing more of the gown’s waistline because it doesn’t quite fit my dress form.

IMG_0007

IMG_0012

The back is based off of Janet Arnold’s open robe from 1797.

IMG_0011

Mme de Bordeaux requested a pointed sleeve. It sits right at the base of the middle finger.

Well, that is all I have for you this evening. God Bless and have a lovely weekend.

Love,

           Lauren

7 Witty Sentiments:

Lauren said...

WOW! Stunning! Your work always blows me away.

Amy said...

Love it!!

Kleidung um 1800 said...

Verrrry pretty! What a lovely shade of blue!

Sarah said...

Oh wow, that is a beautiful ensemble! The colors are so striking and rich. Everything you make is more amazing than the last, it seems. You have some serious talent!!

The Dreamstress said...

Fabulous! Madame B is a LUCKY woman.

What impresses me most is how historical it really looks, not costume historical, not "I want to make the most striking dress ever" historical, but simple, beautifully, accurate. I feel like I'm there just looking at it! I do hope we will get to see it on!

Minerve said...

Totally agree with what the Dreamstress wrote.

AbbyKnappenberger said...

I adore your work! It's so beautiful and amazing.