Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Newest Treasure…

Yesterday the Cartwright’s and I made our way to Centralia, WA for some antiquing. The trip itself was a lot of fun, however, we were pretty disappointed with the lack of good antiques to be found. Most of the shops we visited were full of dishes and odd trinkets from the 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s. The few pieces that I like were extremely overpriced and out of my budget. I was pretty convinced I was not going to find anything until I rounded a corner in the last shop we visited and found this…

IMG_0001

IMG_0004

She’s a reproduction, but I don’t know the original painting she’s taken from. If you know anything about the painting, I would love to have the info. She’s quite large, 2 feet wide and 2 1/2 feet tall, and I haven’t decided exactly where she’s going to live yet. I’m thinking she belongs over my fireplace; she definitely needs to have a prominent place in the living room.  Mrs. Cartwright also procured a lovely painting, but I forgot to snap a picture of hers.

Have a lovely Sunday!

   Love,

         Lauren

3 Witty Sentiments:

MrsC (Maryanne) said...

From the clothes M'Lady, I suspect she may be a 1970's pretendy oldie. They just don't look like the real deal, in style or in execution. It's gorgeous though!! She has the sweetest face.

Johanna Öst said...

Hello! The original is a portrait of Mary Constance by Sir William Beechey and it was painted circa 1782-1787.

Seidenweberin said...

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Mary_Constance_by_Sir_William_Beechey,_RA.jpg