Saturday, February 19, 2011

More Projects…

Here’s what I have been working on the past couple of days…

IMG_0030

The back of Mme de Bordeaux's round gown. I do have more finished than this, just no pictures yet. I decided it would be fun to play with the layout of the fabric. I’m excited to see her in the finished product, of course.

IMG_0033

And a new fan. This is the inspiration. It was a fan created to celebrate King George III’s first recovery from his madness.

IMG_0027

Progress so far. It’s not that exciting yet, but it will be once the gold paint is added.

Well, I am off to see the dentist, aka my husband. I actually have a cavity. I have never had a cavity in my life before and I’m pretty bummed about it. Especially since I take good care of my teeth. Oh well, at least Aaron will be doing the work and he’s really, really good at what he does.

We also have an event tomorrow, and I plan to wear my new Chintz gown. Le Bon Ton is going to the Portland Art Museum. It’s a rather small museum, but they have a wonderful collection of 18th century silver and house wares as well as some lovely paintings from our time period.

Have a lovely rest of your weekend.

Love,

       Lauren

4 Witty Sentiments:

Sarah said...

Wow, the matching on that stripe is amazing! What a cool way to lay out the stripes; definitely a bold visual statement. I love it!

And Ayla. . .oh my, words do not describe. . .she looks so sweet and wonderful! What a pretty girl!

The Dreamstress said...

LOVE the back of the gown!

The fan is looking fabulous too. I'm sure that the original fan-maker didn't realise he wasn't commemorating a permanent recovery.

Have fun at the museum - I do wish I could come!

MrsC (Maryanne) said...

How marvellous to have a fan design commemorating such an event. "Yay, the King's not nuts any more!" I guess these days it would be a tee shirt!
Love the stripes, very exciting layout, it will look A-mazing.

Unknown said...

Hi Lauren,

I am with an online dress boutique called Shabby Apple (www.shabbyapple.com), and we adore your blog. Shabby Apple offers affordable, stylish fashions perfect for the vintage-intrigued gal on a budget. We would love to partner with you to offer your readers a 10% off coupon. What is your readership? Please check us out at www.shabbyapple.com, and let me know if you are interested!

Best,

Eliza
Shabby Apple