Friday, July 30, 2010

Riding Habits...

Hello All,


  I finally have been kicking things into high gear in the sewing department. Now that we are fairly settled, I feel that I can finally start my beloved hobby again. As you have seen from my previous post, I am working on a Riding Habit for a dear friend. It is coming along very nicely, and I hope to have some pictures soon. 

  I also will be needing a Riding Habit for an event we have coming up in September. I just can't make up my mind as to the style I want. Here are a few of the ideas I have come up with...


A Redingote Style

The ever beautiful Lady Worsley and her lovely habit.

A later high waisted style.

I have a lovely black wool and a grey wool to play with and I don't know which style I want...

Such a dilemma 


5 Witty Sentiments:

Hungarican Chick said...

Oooh, I LOVE the second one... I can totally see you in that style with Lady D... Awesome!

Angela said...

I like all three. HOwever, since you - at least it appears that you focus on very late 18th century to early 19th, that the 3rd image would be more like what your blossoming wardrobe is? Not sure.

Lauren said...

How about the classic Redingote Style!! You just can't go wrong!

The Dreamstress said...

Lady Worstley! Best riding habit EVER!

Anne Elizabeth said...

I love all three of them, but Lady Worsley has been copied a couple of times before and might be too iconic. The first one looks highly elegant, classy and timeless and I would envy you if you had it. So, I say, go for no. 1.