Monday, July 05, 2010

Our New House…

Today we went over to the new house with the pups and birdy boy in tow. We moved some smaller boxes and my costume supplies in too. It was a lovely day.  I also had a nice chance to snap some pictures before we move all of our stuff in. Enjoy!

New House (1)

Birdy Boy in the back yard enjoying the outdoors. He made a number of friends today. He and the birds in the neighborhood were chatting up a storm.

New House (4)

Doggies love their new yard. They had so much fun exploring and running around.

New House (3)

New House (6)

My sewing room. It’s much larger than it looks in the picture, but because of the layout, it’s hard to get a good picture.

New House (7) New House (8)

This will become Aaron’s office and the dog’s room because it has the sliding glass door leading to the yard.

New House (26)

Downstairs bath.

New House (11)

The living room. I absolutely adore the large leaded window.

New House (13)

The dining room.

New House (17)

The kitchen, viewed from the breakfast nook.

New House (16)

The breakfast nook.

New House (23)

Master bedroom. Again, the looks of the picture are deceiving. It’s a nice large space.

New House (24)

Master bathroom.

New House (18)

This is the bonus room/ basement.

New House (19)

Guest bedroom, also in the basement.

New House (20)

Basement bathroom.

New House (21)

And one of my favorite things about the house… All of the doorknobs on the main floors are original.

Well, hopefully the next pictures I post of the house will have furnishings. God Bless!

Love Lauren

8 Witty Sentiments:

Olympe de la Tour D'Auvergne said...

Looks charming! Happy homecoming and may you spend many pleasant years there!

Amy said...

Now that is just lovely!! Congratulations...

Summer said...

Those are magic words: sewing room! No matter the size, a fabulous thing to have :)

Your home is gorgeous! I'm pushing down covetous feelings and being happy for you. I'm sure you'll have many many happy years together there.

Madame Berg said...

It looks lovely!

Sarah said...

Your new house is B-EAUT-IFUL!!! I adore it. I can just see you setting up house in it. . .what a gorgeous place. I love everything about it. Sigh. . .it reminds me of the c. 1930's farmhouse that I lived in with my parents. It had similar knobs, hardwood, trim and a built in bookcase (reminded me of the cupboard in your bathroom). It had been built onto a 1890's one-room house that was converted into the kitchen when the main house was built. Our house is probably 1920's but has not been nearly so well preserved as yours. :(

Carly said...

Wow! I especially love the floors (wood, bathroom tile, kitchen!) and the windows! And those door knobs are crazy! It's all just amazing!

Hungarican Chick said...

Oooh! Raised bed gardens! Are you going to plant vegetables? :::jealous!:::

Hana - Marmota said...

You're going to live in a beautiful house!
I adore the leaded window, too. It reminds me of something - if only I could remember what it was...