Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Finally, A New Project...

I'm so excited to finally be working on a new project. This time, however, it is a commission from a dear friend. I hope to document the process and keep you all informed. Here is the pictures of what I hope to be creating for her. It's the riding habit/ uniform from the Duchess.






I started drafting the pattern last night. So far it is going well. I hope to cut the muslin out tonight and start draping the bodice. God Bless!!!
Love Lauren

5 Witty Sentiments:

E. Waterman said...

/DROOOL.

This is by far my favorite costume in the entire bunch. I want to make it more than anything but in no way is my skill at all comparable.

Amy said...

Yummy!! I just loved the costumes from that movie! And the fox outfit was by far my favorite.

I can't wait to see it done!!

GentlewomanThief said...

Ooh - yummy! I can't wait to see your progress :D That's a lucky friend you have!

The Dreamstress said...

Very cute! It really is the 18th century version of my Polly Oliver dress, and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Angela said...

This is so my favorite gown in the movie. You must keep us posted on how you work it out and all. Cheers