Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pics of the House

Dear Friends and Readers,

     I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the last few days of summer. Things have been quiet here and I have been enjoying decompressing after sewing so much in preparation for our trip. However, I do plan on starting some new sewing projects very soon.

   Many of you may recall my parents’ visit back in June. They came with a U-Haul full of pieces that I had inherited from my late grandparents. I finally have everything to my liking and I have received tons of requests for pictures… So, here you go! Enjoy!

IMG_0747

The Victrola. It has a ton of records from the early 20th century and it works like a dream.

IMG_0749

My late grandmother’s first piano. The mirror is late Victorian and the over the top candle sticks are Rococo reproductions.

IMG_0751

The Dining Set. It is not antique, but it is beautifully built mahogany and is modeled after early American styles.

IMG_0753

The china hutch that matches the dining set. It is filled to the brim with china, crystal, tea pots, coffee pots, silver and the like.

IMG_0754

IMG_0757

The Victorian Room. Every piece in here is a family heirloom and antique.

IMG_0758

I love the Victorian dresser. It has always been one of my favorite pieces.

IMG_0760

The Blue Room. This room is my little heaven. It looks into the chicken run; I know most people wouldn’t like this, but I love my girls. 

IMG_0761

We are still working on making the chandelier plate stay put, so please excuse the exposed hardware.

IMG_0763

This hutch is not antique, but it makes for great storage.

Well, that’s all I have for now :) Have a lovely day!

Love Lauren

6 Witty Sentiments:

Olympe de la Tour D'Auvergne said...

It looks like a very lovely and comfortable home, and I hope you will continue to be very happy there.

Lauren said...

Your home is so beautiful! And how wonderful to have so many family heirlooms. It's truly a gorgeous place.

Nycteris said...

Oh my goodness, extremely beautiful! I wish I could have a house full of antiques... ;)
The Victorian bedroom looks eerily similar to the goal I have for my own room- the bed, the chairs, the dolls, the white shoe, paint colour, quilts, dresser... ;)
Anyway, you are a marvelous decorator!
-Julia

Anonymous said...

Your house is very beautiful!!

Kleidung um 1800 said...

A truly beautiful home!

Laura Morrigan said...

Such wonderful old pieces! The dresser is exactly the sort I have wanted all my life! It is great that your family has valued these pieces and taken great care of them. From the lack of beautiful Vintage pieces around I can only assume that either there is an antique shop packed with such things that I have not yet discovered, or people just don't value such things anymore and throw them out when they get worn.