Monday, January 03, 2011

Inspirations…

Le Mode Illustree, you have done it again! I about fell over when they started posting late 1790’s fashion plates. Then they went over the top and posted four segments of the plates. Talk about drool! Here are a few of my favorites. Please go over to their site and check out the rest!

344qfpt

Just beautiful! I love the military details.

fw87s1

21d0482

I think my good Sir needs an outfit like this.29fxg0k

I love the coat; the muff, on the other hand is too huge.

3358c60

And of course my good Sir wishes I would procure this fetching ensemble.

8 Witty Sentiments:

Lauren Stowell said...

Wow, LOVE that first spencer!

Anne Elizabeth said...

OMG, thank you sooo much for this! I'd seen a tiny version of the first picture in a regency fashion book and couldn't locate a bigger version. (I found some wool the exact same colour recently, not knowing what to do with it until seeing this in said fashion book.)

Finally I can recognize enough details to make it! <3 The front will remain guesswork, though.

My goodness, that muff really IS gigantic!

Miss Tami Lee said...

i have a huge softspot for anything with military detailing as well!

Ruth said...

This is one of my favourite eras, those plates are beautiful, I especially love the first one.

Minerve said...

The spencer in the first picture is indeed lovely (the details on it are great), but I do have a soft spot for the second pic.

There's something about the crisp contrast between blue and white, the simplicity of the outfit, and the cute bonnet that I find charming.

Cécile said...

The second pic is strange! It is from 1799 (year 7 of the revolution) but the gentleman has a extremely deep waist, the back-buttons are on his hips...

Ooops, the last one seems to be a kind of 18th-century-burlesque-dancer ;)

Kleidung um 1800 said...

Love the muff, because it somehow reminds me of a huge cosy hideaway cat bed;)
And thanks for the first fashion plate. Great inspiration for my planned winter' pelisse.

Hana - Marmota said...

Thank you for these - they're all lovely in one way or another. And one of my favourite periods, dress-wise. (Can't say I'd love the male fashions so much, but I certainly like them much more than those of the preceding period.)