I finally had a chance to take some pictures of the jacket I am working on for Mrs. Cartwright. Enjoy!
The inspiration… A Zone Front Jacket from the Kyoto Costume Institute.
The fabric, a navy silk velvet, and the trim, gold fringe. I will need to trim the trim a bit, it is too long.
Drafting the Pattern. I used her Riding Habit bodice and JP Ryan Robe l’Anglaise bodice as a guide.
The first mock up on the form. The dress form does not give it the right look, but it allows me to get an approximation of her measurements. It’s at the fittings that I do most of the adjustments. Also, the bodice will lay smooth on the wearer, without the folds caused by the dress form.
I put the mockup on the form with the seams on the outside. It looks really goofy, but it allows me to make adjustments. The peplum will be pleated and there is not a waist seam.
I will keep posting the progress. Have a lovely Thanksgiving!