Well, I finally decided to start on Aaron’s new coat. I’m using Wingeo’s 1795 Frock Coat as a base and, as usual, I will “Frankenstein” it accordingly.
I must warn you, if you plan to use this pattern, watch the sizing, it runs small. Mme Du Jard was so kind to warn me before I delved into the pattern. Also, they transposed the 34-36 lines with the 38-40 lines in a few places, but it’s pretty obvious which lines are which.
I traced the pattern at the 34-36, even though I knew it ran small. I decided to start small, because I usually have to take most patterns in and lengthen them to fit hubby. To my surprise, I had to go up to the 38-40. The body of the coat fits quite well and after a little lengthening, the sleeves fit well.
The pattern of doom :-)
My little helper, Leila. And, no, I didn’t set this picture up, it was all her :-)
Aaron in his mock up. The sleeve is no longer attached, I removed it and then remembered I needed a picture of him.
Now onto cutting out the main fabric and lining. I’ll keep you updated :-)