When you receive a Duchie; post on your blog in no particular order…
- Five things you love about historical costuming/wearing vintage clothing
- Three (or more) blogs to pass the Duchie Award onto
- A link back to the blog who awarded you the Duchie
So, here it goes :D
1. I love the lines of historical clothing. I have never felt comfortable or flattered in modern clothing. Historical clothing takes all of the imperfections and disguises them, if you do it right.
2. I am history obsessed! Historical clothing gives me a taste of what life was like for our foremothers. I love learning about how people expressed themselves through clothing. So much can be discovered about culture and civilization based on the current fashion. Historical fashion is my window into the lives of the past.
3. I love watching skeptical husbands graciously allow their wives to dress them and then find out they actually love dressing up. It’s so neat to watch them go from, “you want me to wear what?!?” to, “honey, I need more frock coats, waistcoats, ect. I don’t have anything to wear.” That is the best!
4. The construction of historical garments is so fascinating to me. It can truly make or break a costume.
5. I love the costume community. I have met so many amazing and kind people through this hobby. There are just sooo many talented costumers out there and each one brings something new to the table. We definitely have the best hobby!
There are so many wonderful blogs out there it is hard to choose three. These three have been inspiring to me as of late. Enjoy!
Before the Automobile- All I can say is wow! Beautiful clothes, beautiful technique, beautiful lady…
Diary of a Mantua Maker- A lovely and talented costumer. Her costumes focus mostly on mid 18th century to late Regency.
Romantic History- Sarah’s blog has a mix of her lovely costumes and her family. It is always a delight to read the adventures of my dear friend.