Sunday, August 28, 2011

Finished!!!!

That’s right, I finished everything for our trip with three days to spare. In one month I made a pair of breeches, two waistcoats, a frock coat, nightshirt, and banyan for Aaron. For myself, I made three chemises, a nightgown, night robe, Janet Arnold open robe, and a round gown. I’m officially tired and I plan to take a little sewing hiatus after our trip. I’m also going to torture you all and make you wait until after we get home to see everything. Hope you have a lovely Labor Day!

IMG_1879

11 Witty Sentiments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

You are absolutely crazy! Hats off to your productivity! Best thing is how none of your clothing ever looks rushed. :-) Gorgeous picture, by the way!

Kleidung um 1800 said...

I love the picture!
And it's really truly amazing how busy you've been the past weeks (I've read your list twice, interrupted by a rub of my eyes uttering "Have I read it right?!" followed by a loud remark of respect, like "WOWWWWW").
I hope you all do enjoy your time in Ohio! And I can't wait for pictures galore!
HAVE FUN - you very much deserve it!

Sabine

MrsC (Maryanne) said...

Ah the Sullys caught in a moment of ennui! Delightful. Have the best time - we look forward to the photos and stories upon your return!

Sarah said...

WOW! I am in awe of all that you have been able to get done and I can't wait to see pictures after your event. I hope you have a truly lovely time and I am so, so sad we won't be able to make the event this year. :( I'm glad you will be taking a little break when you get back. You deserve it! You are so amazing Lauren!!!

Meg said...

You are seriously my costuming heroine. You both look stunning (as always). I am glad you are getting a very well-deserved holiday and cannot wait to see your photos and posts from the trip! Have a fantastic time. Safe journey!

Olympe de la Tour D'Auvergne said...

But I want to see the pictures now, however shall I wait more than a week for them?!

Have a great time this weekend, and a good rest afterwards.

The Dreamstress said...

You evil, naughty, mean, AMAZING person! I can't wait to see all of them!

And I would really love it if you would post detailed instructions on how you make a frock coat.

Lauren said...

@ The Dreamstress: I need to do a detailed post on frock coat construction. I'll try and do that for Aaron's next coat :D

Hana - Marmota said...

You both look great!

And I have an unrelated question, about your "Hand sewing is bliss" button. Is it yours? Can I reuse it? Because I relate. :-)

Aaron and Amber said...

LovelY! I can not wait to see everything!

Where did you find your husband boots?

Angela said...

Hope your weekend went well and we get to see the triumphant sewing projects at your event. Cheers.