Monday, May 02, 2011

Mrs. Cartwright’s Deathhead Buttons

Hi All!

My dear friend, Mrs. Cartwright has found an interest in making death head buttons.  She enjoys making them so much that she is considering selling them to those who do not either have the time or inclination to do so themselves.  But before she embarks on this endeavor, we wanted to know if there was enough of an interest out there to warrant the effort.

So, my question to you, my fellow re-enactors is, would you be interested enough to purchase and/or contract Mrs. Cartwright to make these beautiful buttons for you?  She can make both, the simple but elegant single color buttons as well as the multi-color, intricate ones as seen in the pictures below.

Her prices for silk threaded buttons would be as follows:
$3.50 for each single color button.
$5.50 for each fancy button.
Please comment on this post and let us know your thoughts!  Any contribution will be appreciated!

IMAG0171

Fancy Buttons

IMAG0173

Plain Buttons

Thanks all :)

Love Lauren

5 Witty Sentiments:

Isis said...

Very pretty! I think I could be interested in them for a special project.

Meadow Gist said...

hello, that is a very good price for these, and I would be interested in them. Could they also be made in very small sizes in plain style(for antique french dolls)
Meadow

Unknown said...

Meadow Gist,
What size were you interested in? I know I could do 1/2 inch...
Mrs. Cartwright

Theodosia Pixietwist said...

you know I want some!

Meadow Gist said...

hi, I was thinking of 3/8 or 5/16...which is very tiny. I have seen them on victorian garments, and they are very tiny lovely things...
Meadow