Thursday, August 28, 2008

Winter Ball Gown Idea :-)

So here is a sneak preview of the gown I want to recreate. However, I'm thinking of using a sage green taffeta with a peachy/ orange sash. I'm starting to get my patterns together and figure out exactly how I want the costume to look. I'm getting super excited. I also have a neat idea for Aaron. I will post a picture as soon as I find one that really embodies what I'm imagining.
God Bless!



In the real world, Aaron and I have had a rough and stressful week. We are fine, as a couple, but we just have had one of those really awful weeks. From our family and friend's pets (Dasher, Grandpa's cat, and Michele's, our manager in Tigard, dog) passing away to a really awful experience with a new church we attended in Vancouver. So please keep us in your prayers. Love Lauren :-)

3 Witty Sentiments:

An attempt at life... said...

The dress sounds amazing!!! I cant wait to see it. I will be praying for you guys... sometimes it just pours down but you and ur family will make it through and be even stronger! As far as churches go... thats a hard one. Its really difficult to find a church that fits you, I am sorry you are having a difficult time of it.
Love Steph

lissawi said...

Hey! I found you through Romantic History and I am a fellow northwesterner (although farther north :). I have been reading your blog for awhile and I love the sewing you do! I don't know what denomination you are, but I have friends who are pastors in the Vancouver area so let me know if I can help at all!

lissawi said...

Nice to meet you too! That experience sounds horrific! My friends are the college/career pastors at Liberty Bible Church of the Nazarene, but they also recommended Real Life if that is closer. Hope that helps (and I really hope those are not one of the churches you tried :)!