Well, there isn’t a whole lot to report, but I will show you the progress so far. I spent most of Wednesday evening redrafting my stays with the changes I made to my cardboard mock-up. And once again, HOLY MOLY MY WAIST IS SHORT!!!! In the end, I took of three inches from the length of the original pattern. If all goes well, this one should fit much better than my previous pair. That being said, I have decided to make a cloth mock-up just to be sure I like the fit. I plan to, gulp I can’t believe I’m saying this, sew my mock up by sewing machine. I haven’t used a machine for my own garments in years. However, I don’t want to spend hours hand sewing boning channels for a garment I will be using for fitting purposes. I guess if there aren’t anymore adjustments that are needed I will go ahead and finish the rest of the mock-up by hand and then make another fully hand-sewn pair. Then, I’ll have two sets of stays (insert evil laugh here). I have also decided I am going to make strapped stays. As appealing as the no strapped stays can be, I really like the way the straps look and how they enhance my, ahemmm, assets :-D Thanks for all of your input. You guys are awesome, big blog land hug. Have a wonderful weekend.
The front, showing the seam allowance and the top eyelet placing.
More color inspiration. I just can’t decide if I want a white linen pair with blue binding and lacings or a blue silk pair with white binding and lacings. I’m really drawn to this pair from the MA movie. Mmmm…..
This blue is about the same color as the blue silk in my stash. My silk, however, is a solid color. And my stars will be 1/2 boned.
Well, that’s all for now, folks. Have a lovely weekend.