Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Friends and Fabrics…

There is nothing better than spending a day with friends, but spending the day fabric shopping with friends makes the time that much sweeter. On Sunday, Lissa, from a Fair Prospect, invited Connie, Angel, Tara, and me to the Fabric Expo in Washington. Sadly, Tara wasn’t able to join us, hopefully next year, we sure did miss her. Anyway, Connie, Angel, and I left my house at 7:30 Sunday morning and made our way up to fabric heaven. Talk about a fun trip. We met Lissa at the Expo and happily spent our allowance monies on some awesome finds. The highlight of the day was finding some incredible laces that are hard to come by. Anyway, we had a lovely time, and we hope to go again next year. Here are some pictures of my finds.

IMG_0004More Voile. Can I really have too many Chemise Dresses ;-)

IMG_0012

I fell in love with this print. I think it’s going to become this lovely dress…

1795dress (1)

IMG_0015

Can one have too many buckles? I think not.

 

IMG_0011

Yummy lace, 100% cotton….

IMG_0006

This gorgeous lace was a steal and I can’t wait to use it. It’s about 6” wide and is also 100% cotton.

Have a wonderful rest of you week. God Bless!!!

Love Lauren

5 Witty Sentiments:

Hungarican Chick said...

OooooooOOooooooooh so jealous! THE LACE!!!

Adelheide said...

Fun fun!

Regarding your questions:
Too many chemise dresses---NO!
Too many buckles---NO!

Happy sewing :)

The Dreamstress said...

Love the pogey bait! That lace is really, really lovely - it's so hard to find acceptable laces!

I am so banned from fabric shopping for forever though :-(

Anonymous said...

I adore the bluish green print! It reminds me of a gorgeous crossover bodice dress from the 1996 Emma. Hmmmmm, I'm inspired!

Sarah said...

Oh wow, what great finds, all of them! And I am again SO INSANELY JEALOUS! :P Friends and fabric, what a perfect day to spend. :) I love your lace and can't wait to see what you will do with it! (and that print is GORGEOUS too!)