Saturday, March 20, 2010

Busy, Busy...

Happy Spring to you all. I hope you had a wonderful week and are enjoying your weekend, thus far. Aaron and I have been just plain busy lately. I feel like I have had so little time for costuming, blogging, and even keeping my home in shape. Things are going very well in the job department for Aaron. I still can't spill the details yet, but I promise to share all as soon as things are finalized. We have also been busy preparing for Aaron's graduation and my departure from the working field. Yes, you read that right... I hope to be retiring this July. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. Again, this is linked to said job for Aaron that I can't talk about yet :-) Anyway, we have both had a number of late nights and meetings as of late. So, my happy 18th century world has been suffering a bit.


I did manage to finally finish Aaron's frock coat. I used the Wingeo pattern, which was okay but not my favorite pattern by far. I'm pretty happy with the results, but as always, I am my worst critic and there are things I would change. I hope to get some pictures posted this weekend. We'll see if I can entice Aaron into dressing up for blog pics ;-)

Now, it's time to make some clothes for me. I fell in love with a painting and gown that Isis, from Isis Wardrobe, made. I think I'm going to have to use it as inspiration. I have some blue silk and some yellow silk in my stash that just needs to become a late 18th century jacket and petticoat. I'm also debating whether I should add some of the wide lace I bought at the fabric expo to the collar and cuffs. I'm not 100% sure yet.

Anyway, that is what is going on in our neck of the woods. Hopefully, I will be able to post more often and start sewing more often as well. God Bless and have a great weekend.


I'm loving the gown on the right. I'm thinking the salmon jacket needs to be blue and the petticoat needs to be yellow. I'd love to hear your opinions :-)

Love Lauren 

5 Witty Sentiments:

Claudia said...

who made this painting? do you know more about it?

Isis said...

I look forward to see your interpretation!

Lauren said...

I know absolutely nothing about this painting or who made it. I wish I knew more, though.

Unknown said...

Amazing gloves!

Angela said...

Oooooh! These are lovely. Construction of both intrigues me. The salmon - does it have a waist piece in dark blue - that is what it seems like. The silver dress is pretty as well. The front is that same fabric lightened by the lighting in the image or is it an ivory? Anyway, thanks for sharing.