Well, I’m slowly progressing on the robe. I had a few hours last night to work on it after work. Talk about pleating, pleating, and more pleating. Lots and lots of pleating. Did I mention there’s a lot of pleating involved?!! Anyway, here are the pictures with the descriptions of what is going on :-)
First, I cut the silk out. With the help of Moose Dog…
As you can see, Max was holding the pattern in place for me. ;-)
Then I went to work pleating. Lots of pleating. It was a little different working on the silk than on the muslin mock up. The silk made nice creases, but it also is slippery.
I decided not to mark the lines in pencil, instead I used pins to mark where the pleat lines were.
All done pleating. It looks a little crooked on a flat surface, but the pleats smooth out when its on the dress form.
*Note how the fabric color changes depending on the light. The top picture, with Max, is closest to its true color.
God Bless and have a great week :-)