Monday, April 01, 2013

My Dear Cousin Emily Visits the Fort… Part 1

A mere week ago my dear Cousin Emily came to visit me. I was so delighted to finally see my dear cousin, as it had been nearly a year and a half since last we met.

It was a one of the best times that we have ever spent together. As many of you know, my dear cousin is due to wed the Doctor this coming October and I had planned to help procure some her wedding clothes, thus the reason for her visit.

The Fort quickly became a flurry of activity as ladies from the surrounding Oregon Country came to see my cousin. I dare say, she did not know how much joy her visit brought.

IMG_0019

On Sunday last, we gathered to have tea at a lovely home a few hours south of the Fort.

IMG_0044

Miss Waterman and Mrs. Cartwright

IMG_0014

Miss Waterman and Lady Jersey, aka Mrs. Azevedo

IMG_0024

My young neighbor, Miss Jenna, joined us for her first outing since coming out into society. She spent countless hours sewing her gown or the occasion.

IMG_0025

IMG_0035

Miss Jenna, Mr. Forest, and Miss Waterman

IMG_0040

My Cousin and Me

IMG_0041

Miss Jenna and Me

IMG_0051

Miss Waterman seizes a quiet moment to read the letter from her dear Doctor 

That evening we departed for the Fort for some much needed rest.

IMG_0070

This gave Miss Waterman and Miss Jenna a chance to catch up on their letter writing and enjoy a cup of tea. The next few days would prove to be busy and quite adventurous.

5 Witty Sentiments:

Lauren Stowell said...

Such a beautiful event, I wish I could have been there! I have massive envy right now...

Sopa Azul said...

What beautiful dresses!!! Congratulations. I really like your blog. Regards

Rachel said...

Fantastic! Jenna is quite the little seamstress, how inspiring.

OldFashionGirl said...

Would love to see more photo's from her visit!

Willow said...

I'm one of Jenna's friends from church, and I love her dress! I remember her hair being done like that at church one time!