Monday, April 30, 2012

My Horse

Hi All,

I’m sure you have noticed the huge lack of costuming posts and an influx of horse posts. Well, after a very emotional month full of difficult decisions and heartache things are starting to turn around. Now that everything has been announced, I can share a bit of what has been going on.

My dear friend, who is also my  riding instructor, sadly had to close her barn and lesson program due to external forces beyond her control. The news came in the first few days of this month. The month of April has been bittersweet and heartbreaking watching the horses that we have loved and worked with in the barn go to new homes. As many of you know, I am in love with a 1200 lbs boy named Bob :) We had been planning on purchasing him later this summer and eventually, if things worked out, purchasing the horse my husband rides early next year.

Sadly, the horse my husband rides is in poor health, due to her previous situation, and her eyesight is almost completely gone now. She was showing vast improvement and we thought she would make it a few years longer. However, she started fading this week and her eyesight is continually getting worse. So, she will be graduating to horse heaven, per vet recommendations, later this week. It was an extremely hard decision that both myself, my husband, and our friend, the owner of the horse, made together. Luckily, we were able to give her an amazing last few months while she was under my friend’s care. She turned out to be 32+ years old. So, Aaron and I are at peace knowing that she will be out of pain and suffering.

The bittersweet side of the whole situation is my Bob horse. Aaron and I were blessed with the ability to purchase my boy. As of yesterday, he is officially mine. We will be in the market for a horse for Aaron sometime in the nearer future, but for now, we are enjoying just having Bob.

Yesterday we moved Bob and his rooster, John Wayne, to the new barn. It is a very nice facility with a HUGE arena, trails, and lots of other horses for Bob to play with. It’s also only a few miles down the road from one of my favorite trails. Another friend, who boarded her horse at our previous barn, moved with us. So, Bob and Ramona, my friend’s horse, get to be together and they are good buddies.

I am so grateful for this amazing opportunity and a life long dream finally coming true. Through the sadness I have seen God’s hand and provision. I know they are just animals, but they are my passion and it always amazes me how God provides for my little family of fur, feather, and now equine babies.

545033_3801514004793_1485610760_3321258_1519683261_n

Bob and his rooster, John Wayne, in their new stall. The move went very, very well and Bob is settling in quite nicely.

I will keep you all posted as we get settled into our new routines.

Love you guys!!!

Lauren

3 Witty Sentiments:

Olympe de la Tour D'Auvergne said...

Glad to know that there has been some sweet amongst the bitter.

Unknown said...

I am sorry for the losses and for your friend's barn situation. I am glad, though that, Bob and John are happy in their new home. Question...what did the other people (at the new barn) say when you told them about John Wayne?

Abby said...

Poor sweet pony...it's so hard to lose a horse...I'm getting emotional thinking about it. (insert a pull it together pause) It is wonderful to know you were able to give Bob a new home and I know that he is going to be a wonderful addition to your family. :) Take care lovely!!!